Last year it was journalist and author Heather Brooke who voiced her concerns about the difficulties of reporting on court cases without being allowed to record them.
This year we have Norman Scarth in jail since 26 July 2011 for having recorded!
The first comments are very “promising”:
I was banned by a corrupt judge in Pontypridd, South Wales for taking notes in the public gallery during the fraudulent frame up of Patrick Cullinane by the South and Mid Wales Safety Camera Partnership.
The judge insisted that I handed over my notebook I refused. He accepted that the notebook and pen be kept arms length away from me.
Therefore, anything that means openness and transparency in Society – particularly closed sinister corruption within the HM Partnership; gets my support.
I had to pay for transcripts and had to wait weeks while the transcribers sent them to the court and the judge rewrote them to his satisfaction… all to cover up for an earlier judge who was covering up gross solicitor misconduct. There can be no justice through appeal if judges are allowed to alter the truth. Recording would close this – which is why judges don’t want recordings.
- Abolish the ban on recording court proceedings – an idea whose time has come? (victims-unite.net)
- Background facts about Norman Scarth’s imprisonment – for demo this Saturday outside Leeds Prison (victims-unite.net)
- Norman Scarth News as “tweets” from Twitter (victims-unite.net)
- Kisses to the Veteran! Favourite Comments of the Free WWII Veteran Norman Scarth from Leeds Prison Petition (victims-unite.net)
- WWII Veteran Jailed for Audio Recording in Court (victims-unite.net)
- Norman Scarth on Video in Royal Courts of Justice today – with some 30 Supporters (victims-unite.net)
- A New Collation of 700 Comments by 1700 Free Norman Scarth Petition Signers (victims-unite.net)
- 923 Signatures on the Petition Free WWII Veteran Norman Scarth from Leeds Prison (victims-unite.net)
- An Open Letter re Norman Scarth and Thursday’s hearing to Free him from Leeds Prison (victims-unite.net)