An ITV Wales investigation has revealed the true challenge facing our adoption services across Wales.
And with the number of children in foster care, homes and other servies soaring to a record high, the figures we’ve uncovered make grim reading
There are currently five thousand children who are in care in Wales. Many of those are not suitable for adoption, but of those that are only 200 complete the process each year
The average time for an adoption is just over two-and-a-half years.
David Wood has been listening to the story of one family who’ve tried to make a difference.
- increasing numbers of children snatched into care
- Governmental pressures to speed up adoption (see Martin Neary giving evidence before the Education Select Committee and study his biography…).
I.e. nobody looks into the CAUSES for adoption: the snatching of children against the will of their parents.
- Forced Adoption and Total Secrecy in the Family Courts – an Edge Media Video (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- Care Crisis: Thousands Of Foster Families Needed (news.sky.com)
- Panorama: The Truth About Adoption (researchingreform.wordpress.com)