#CardboardCoffinMan Michael Doherty (here in the pub later, together with Ian Puddick) organised this demo that brought together some 200 protestors with excellent speeches.
But the real surprise was the prompt response by the Chairman of the Home Select Committee Keith Vaz MP, as announced by the BBC:
There will be an investigation, an inquiry into the operation, powers and the future of the IPCC (Independent Police Complaints Commission)
I wish all demos had such “instant gratification” and effective interaction between people, mainstream media and politicians!
Here are other mainstream media reports: Guardian Feature: Justice is impossible if you can not trust the police to tell the truth
- Met police chief to face MPs over racism scandal (guardian.co.uk)
- | Metropolitan Police criticised after racism inquiry! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Police may withhold report on officer hired by News Corp (guardian.co.uk)
- Rate of deaths in custody is higher than officials admit (independent.co.uk)
- IPCC should investigate Met’s handling of Stephen Lawrence case, says Cooper (guardian.co.uk)
- Met police in riot racism row (itv.com)
- Metropolitan police race row deepens after assault claim (guardian.co.uk)
- Demo today: 3-6pm: Abolish the Independent Police Complaints Commission (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)