Michael Doherty organised the excellent demo ABOLISH THE IPCC (Independent Police Complaints Commission) on Mayday 2012.
It had the amazing response that Keith Vaz MP, Chairman of the Home Select Committee, announced an inquiry into the powers and future of the IPCC.
Until this happens, please note:
- Keith Vaz MP is one of the sponsors of the Early Day Motion (EDM) that John Hemming MP tabled in March 2011: Royal Commission on Policing
- this EDM has been signed by 92 MPs so far who are obviously all well worth informing about any complaint people may have
- furthermore the members of the Home Affairs Select Committee are also worth informing.
And finally, know that the Royal Commission into New South Wales Police in 1996 resulted in three volumes: corruption, reform and paedophilia!
- Demonstrators ask: Abolish the IPCC and Keith Vaz MP responds with an Inquiry (victims-unite.net)
- Corruption, Reform and Paedophilia – the topics of the Royal Commission into New South Wales Police in Australia (victims-unite.net)
- Met police chief to face MPs over racism scandal (guardian.co.uk)
- Demo today: 3-6pm: Abolish the Independent Police Complaints Commission (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)
- A Panel to Investigate Police Brutality: For Cover-Up? (dinmerican.wordpress.com)
- Pc Joseph Harrington charged over alleged assault on teenager (independent.co.uk)
- PC to be charged with boy assault (bbc.co.uk)
- IPCC should investigate Met’s handling of Stephen Lawrence case, says Cooper (guardian.co.uk)