My late husband was right: the Government always achieves the opposite of what it sets out to do:
- child ‘protection’ is actually about child snatching
- patent ‘protection’ is actually about stealing your invention for financial exploitation by the ‘big boys’
- it’s actually “mis-selling” – just as the banks are doing it…
As reported by The Telegraph, Michael Wilcox burned his patent outside Westminster recently.
This Financial Times article is entitled Patents merely satisfy a professor’s pride. It quotes explicitly what I was told by an American IP lawyer years ago: patents are the game of the big boys.
…”we will put a hundred patent lawyers on it to write a hundred patents a days, and you will spend the rest of your life, and the gross domestic product of your little island, suing us.”
- Might I become a TED Fellow and give the talk of my life for 18 minutes? (3dmetrics.me.uk)
- Scepticism over European patent deal (telegraph.co.uk)