- the use of the Court of ‘Protection‘ to steal the assets of mainly elderly people, by declaring them ‘not to have capacity’ to instruct solicitors
- as a result, people are secretly imprisoned.
At the time, I did not know as much about secret family courts as I wish I never needed to learn:
- secret family courts are used to sanction and ‘legalise’ the child snatching carried out by Social Services – supposedly in the ‘best interest of the child’
- I launched Stop Forced Adoptions in the UK as an online petition that non-UK MEPs want to take further in Brussels, as soon as 2,000 signatures are reached
- I re-vamped Ian Josephs’ www.forced-adoption.com into Punishment without Crime, as he has been advising between 3 and 6 parents a day since the sixties.
Now I have seen how extra secrecy was used in a family court case:
- ‘Not Open to the Media‘ it said on the listing and on the door – even though Camilla Cavendish’s campaign in The Times had achieved this tiny breakthrough: that media professionals can attend secret court hearings
- in family courts, Harriet Harman MP said in Parliament in 2006 that 200 people had been sent to prison by family courts
- and then there are those who are being sent secretly to mental hospitals…
- as a precursor, I know one very effective and brave former business woman who came out of prison with a ‘community treatment order‘ of a monthly injection!
We, the people, can use our courage and creativity to address this evil especially by using our computers.
MPs can use Early Day Motions that may lead to press coverage. As constituents, we can encourage our MP to sign or table issues.
Tabled by John Hemming MP – in chronological order:
- Michelle Freedman and the London Borough of Barnet - EDM 1271 about a barrister who fled to Israel to save her daughters
- Secret Imprisonment and the Recent Practice Directive - EDM 31 relating to the imprisonment of people in ‘contempt of court’
- Hacked Off, Freedom of Expression and the Rule of Law - EDM 116 accusing Hugh Tomlinson QC and highlighting Yvonne Goder‘s secret imprisonment.
The related Daily Mail article says: MP attacks head of Hacked Off campaign for acting to stifle free speech and mentions his contribution to Yvonne Goder’s case!
Some examples: tabled by George Galloway MP:
- Lessons from the Oxford Sexual Abuse – EDM 119 urging Police and Social Services across the country to investigate and ensure prosecution
- Hillsborough, Anne Williams and Justice – EDM 42 about the injustice surrounding the Hillsborough disaster.
Tabled by John McDonnell MP:
- Treatment of 17-year-olds in Police Custody – EDM 34 about two suicides as the cause to change the law – supported by a petition with 52,000 signatures
- Reform of Legal Aid – EDM 36 pointing out the ‘advice deserts’ and poor quality of service by this ‘ill-thought through’ reform
Tabled by Margaret Ritchie MP:
- Human Trafficking – EDM 54 about the exploitation of foreigners and immigrants
Tabled by Lucy Powell MP:
- ChildCare Ratios – EDM 55 about reducing staff for young children through ‘More Great ChildCare’
Tabled by Richard Shepherd MP:
- Freedom of Information Act 2000 – EDM 80 about the Government’s attempts to make life easier for authorities not to have to respond to the remarkable site What Do They Know?
- STOP Forced Adoptions in the UK – who needs to get how angry? (punishmentwithoutcrime.wordpress.com)
- EVERYTHING you know about Crime is Wrong: dishonest money creates criminal behaviour (wewhoopposedeception.wordpress.com)
- WHEN DOES a CRUEL and VIOLENT Baby Snatching video become a ‘triumph’? (victims-unite.net)
- How social services are paid bonuses to snatch babies for adoption – Daily Mail 2008 (antioligarch.wordpress.com)
- SECRET BRITISH COURTS CAN TAKE YOUR MONEY AND CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT with draconian and sweeping powers. Judges, sitting alone and in secrecy making far-reaching rulings about almost every aspect of citizens’ lives (countdowntozerotime.org)
- Open up secret courts demands Justice Minister: Chris Grayling orders review of shadowy Court of Protection (dailymail.co.uk)
- SECRECY IN THE BRITISH COURTS – STAR CHAMBERS – A BLUEPRINT FOR CORRUPTION – Peter L. (inquiringminds.cc)
- Unite to fight this vicious assault (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- The opposition to secret courts is gathering pace (telegraph.co.uk)
- THE PAEDOFILE: The Establishment decides to fight Secret Family Courts with Secret celeb prosecutions. (hat4uk.wordpress.com)