Dear Madeleine Moon MP,
Trusting that you find Edward Timpson MP’s answer unacceptable, I wonder whether you will take the issue further?
- Will you ask for a Public Inquiry?
- This has been suggested as a comment on Victims Unite where I publish your question.
- Is there a Public Prosecution into every death?
- If not, why not?
- Would the Police and the CPS not go after every parent whose child died?
- Would these children have died, if they had stayed with their families?
- Was it not supposed to be “in their best interest” to be in ‘care’?
- In comparison, how many children die a year?
- And how many adopted ones?
- Whose identities need to be ‘protected’ about the tragedy of every single death?
- The dead child’s or the Local Authority’s?
- The White Rose blog published 75 names with the names of the Local Authority in March 2012
- Who has decided that on what grounds?
In our observation as McKenzie Friends, the secrecy in family courts has become the cloak for criminality. Hence we have launched these online petitions, especially as non-UK MEPs are interested in taking the issues further.
You will know that John Hemming MP knows the subject well, since his charity Justice for Families has over 1,700 cases on file. He says on his blog that there is enthusiasm among foreign embassies for a conference in parliament to look at how to fight corruption in the family courts in England.
Here are our online petitions:
- Stop Forced Adoptions in the UK, > 600 signatures and > 2,400 views since 18/05/2013
- Based on what’s unique in the UK;
- The Secrecy of Family Courts should be lifted NOW > 1,400 signatures & 22,000 page views
- Marvellous comments by signers show you what the public knows – despite all gagging and secrecy.
- How many people know about the scandals of child ‘care’, secret family courts and forced adoptions?
- a collection of 32 online petitions resulting in > 10,000 signers.
Please also note: The Young Victims – dying at home or in care – compiled by FASSIT:
- The 228 child deaths they didn’t want to tell you about – a Daily Mail article of 2009, covering John Hemming’s attempts to get statistics from Local Authorities, with 21 of them refusing.
- 75 Local Authorities named, together with the names of the children – the source for the White Rose Blog.
- Where’s the need to protect whom?
- A comment on Victims Unite also mentions suicides by young people, especially in Wales
- Who accounts for them?
Plus: 10,000 children missing from care:
- In June 2012, the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Runaway and Missing Children and Adults and the APPG for Looked-after Children and Care Leavers published the report of their joint inquiry into children who go missing from care.
- The report argued that the Government was under-reporting the number of children going missing from care. While the official figure for 2011 was 930, the report argues that, according to police data, an estimated 10,000 individual children went missing. The report cited that this high number was symptomatic of a care system which was far from being fit for purpose and in need of an urgent rethink. For the full report click here.
- Why the discrepancy?
What about compensation for the parents?
Putting a lot of hope on your support,
Yours gratefully in advance,
- MIND THE GAP: between French film ‘Taken’ and UK adoption realities ‘TakenUK’ (punishmentwithoutcrime.wordpress.com)
- AROUND 50 Children per year die, while in the ‘care’ of Local Authorities; figures need to protect ‘confidentiality’, says Edward Timpson MP (victims-unite.net)
- THE PAEDOFILE: A matter of £135m….and 90% under-reporting of missing children (hat4uk.wordpress.com)
- #Blogging4Madeleine 2013 Round Up (amummysview.com)
- Young girl ‘sexually abused’ after being left in the care of convicted paedophile, report reveals (walesonline.co.uk)
- SECRECY: the Cloak of Criminality? Who can do what about it? (victims-unite.net)