The following statement was made by the stopG8 group in response to the excessive level of force used against protesters yesterday (Tuesday).
StopG8 held a “Carnival Against Capitalism” in the West End of London today (11 June), demonstrating against 100 murderous banks, corporations, “dens of the rich” and other hiding places of power in the run up to the G8 Summit.
- Riot police chainsaw door of 'Stop G8' HQ... (telegraph.co.uk)
- 32 arrested as police and G8 protesters clash in London (irishtimes.com)
- G8 protests: 32 arrested as riot police descend on central London (independent.ie)
- Police defend 'proportionate' G8 protest response (metro.co.uk)
- Police violence at Stopg8 protest (victims-unite.net)