Here’s our letter to the Prime Minister.
And here’s the executive summary:
Return Our Stolen Children–Request by Protesters and Petitioners
STOLEN CHILDREN OF THE UK – S.C.O.T. UK is the campaigning group that, for the second time organised a national demo outside Downing Street. A one-week protest culminates in handing over signatures collected on- and off-line.
Parents are traumatised by the separation from their children and the subsequent bureaucratic and judicial procedures they have to endure – to maintain a tiny bit of contact, which eventually may end in ‘forced adoption’, the irreversible ‘change of ownership’ or permanent foster ‘care’ – whether in homes or with private individuals who make fostering a new career – at generally £400 per week and child.
By protesting together, parents experience great comfort from sharing their pain. But their anger is also palpable. For nothing makes sense:
- allegations and accusations made by Social Services are fabricated lies
- Judges sanction what Social Workers are doing and tend to rule in favour of Local Authorities
- 95,000 hearings a year take place in secret hearings of Family Courts
- the wishes and feelings of children are never taken into account
- children always lose out
- in private custody battles, fathers complain about mothers getting too many rights
- mothers complain about children being given to their abusers rather than their rescuers
- but the real battle takes place in the public law arena
- abuse in ‘care’ is more likely than at home
- children are taken at birth – because of the potential risk of future emotional harm
- research indicates that some 6,500 foreign national children are in ‘care’
- foreigners whose children are taken may end up in prison, never seeing them again
- Edward Timpson MP has admitted that on average, 50 children a year die whilst in care
- 10,000 children go missing from ‘care’ every year.
Online campaigners have gathered signatures for a petition submitted to the Petitions Committee of the EU Parliament:
- Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent > 1,020 signatures
- Stop Forced Adoptions in the UK > 820 signatures
- Stop Secret Family Courts encouraging forced adoptions in the UK > 120 signers
Total > 1,960
Furthermore, this petition is before the President of the Family Courts:
Christopher Booker’s most recent articles in The Telegraph:
- Our ‘child protection’ system is an international scandal - 20 July 2013 - Children of foreign families resident in the UK are being seized by social workers on an astonishing scale.
- What our judges forget when they send children into care - 29 Jun 2013 - When vulnerable youngsters are cared for by the state, they are too often neglected and abused.
- Australia’s scandal of forced adoption is happening here in Britain - 23 Mar 2013 - The forcible removal of children by social workers in Australia between the 1950s and the 1970s has parallels with what is happening in British courts today.
- Indians join Slovaks in protesting against UK child snatchers - 27 Oct 2012 - The behaviour of our ‘child protection’ system is a growing international scandal.
- The worst scandal I have seen in my 50-year career - 13 Oct 2012 - Our ‘child protection’ system is severely dysfunctional, but it has not come to the centre of national attention because it hides its workings behind a veil of secrecy.
The secrecy has been lifted slightly, as judgements will in future be published, as reported in the Daily Mail and The Times. But as long as hearings remain secret and neither the best interests of the parents nor of the children are represented in Courts, this national demonstration will have to take place outside Downing Street.
It echoes those 30 foreign embassies who expressed concerns about UK Law when attending a meeting in the House of Commons, sponsored by John Hemming MP, Chairman of Justice for Families.
- VICTIMS of Child Snatchers Unite: outside Downing Street – until July 26th 1pm (punishmentwithoutcrime.wordpress.com)
- RETURN our CHILDREN! Request by Protesters and Petitioners (punishmentwithoutcrime.wordpress.com)
- COMING OUT – despite all gags – against all odds – outside Downing Street – and in Nigerian papers (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- SHE WINS in Court but gets beaten up in Prison: Email to Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe (victims-unite.net)
- MAURICE GAGGED – the unique legal weapon in UK secret family courts (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)
- OUR ‘child protection’ system is an international scandal: House of Commons and Nigerian Standard Newspaper (victims-unite.net)
- FROM THE DARKNESS of Secrecy to the Openness of Transparency: with Video of retired BA Pilot about Court of ‘Protection’ (punishmentwithoutcrime.wordpress.com)
- FCK U SOCIAL WORKERS – I’m calling Grandma! It’s about time kids can go where they WANT and BELONG! (punishmentwithoutcrime.wordpress.com)