This illustration and blog post come from Political Cleanup. The excellent editor writes:
A ‘favour culture’ must be restricted to those at the top –
and includes the link to the Transparency International world corruption index.
No 1 is the least corrupt country: New Zealand, followed by Denmark, Finland and Sweden. The USA are no 18 after the UK in place 17, sharing the score with Japan. The question is, of course, how do you measure corruption?…
- oodles of incidents by South Wales Police – denied and lied about
- culminating in striking him off the Register of Veterinary Surgeons – only possible with the aid of corrupt lawyers
- and getting him locked up in Caswell Clinic for some seven months – only possible with the aid of a corrupt clinic director
- who produced a false medical report to get him locked away for good in the High Security Prison Ashworth.
Maurice continues to strive to be ‘put right’. His latest attempt is the request for a transfer to English prison, English court and an English police force.
The paper clipping refers to a statement by Mick Creedon, Head of Derbyshire Police on the occasion of a conference of the Association of Police Officers – a day after the Public Administration Committee took evidence from a whistleblower, a retired Chief Inspector and others, including Police Commissioners.
Does the internet help us to become more conscientious? Can we aim for an Ethical Parliament in 2015???
- WORSE THAN the Gas Chambers – straight from HMP Cardiff to Ashworth – again!? (victims-unite.net)
- Collins welcomes transparency assessment (national.org.nz)
- What Transparency International’s 20th anniversary means for you (ocurneen.com)
- Transparency International welcomes UK implementation of public register of beneficial owners (amynos.wordpress.com)
- What is CORRUPTION (sorchamiller.wordpress.com)