Our online petitions reflect the ‘pincer movement’ of the network of likeminded people that has come to meetings in Westminster or feels part of the online community:
- Abolish the ban on recording court proceedings, published on 29 August 2011 as the ‘crime’ that WWII Norman Scarth supposedly committed > 6,300 views and > 300 signatures with these excellent comments
- Free WWII Veteran Norman Scarth from Leeds Prison, published on 12 August 2011 in support of this great principled human rights activist – with 2,800 signatures and this fascinating analysis of over 1,000 comments that contributed greatly to his freedom – viewed over 26,300 times
- Parliamentary Inquiry into White Collar Crimes with > 170 signatures, > 6,700 page views and fascinating remarks since 16 April, 2011
- WANTED: Fair Trials and Compensation with > 13,600 page views, > 500 signatures and these most interesting comments – since November 2010
- Stop the Oppression of the British People with > 16,000 page views, > 1,300 signatures and these wonderful comments – since March 2010.
2. regarding the effects of the secrecy of family courts:
- Return the Whistleblower Kids and Abuse Survivors to their Russian Family – the most popular petition so far – started on 01 February 2015
- Start a Compensation Fund for Victims of White Collar Criminals! Pay for Therapy for Victims and Abusers! – addressing the Chancellor to provide money for therapy, healing and soothing wounds of sexual, financial, legal, emotional and mental violence
- EU Parliament: Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent, the most petition-friendly platform: > 3,800 signers since June 2013;
- Stop Forced Adoptions in the UK, published on 18 May 2013, to support an EU Petition to abolish Adoption without Parental Consent: > 1,500 signatures since May 2013;
- Stop Secret Courts encourage Forced Adoptions in the UK, published in May 2012, also in support of the EU Petition: > 190 signatures since May 2013;
- FREE the Musas and send the Family Back Home to Nigeria!, published on 11 August 2011, in support of Bishop Gloria Musa and her seven children stolen by Haringey Council: > 540 signatures, > 8,800 page views – closed for a while, after I was tricked into accepting a ‘gagging order’.
- The Secrecy of the Family Courts should be lifted NOW, published on May 20, 2011, with over 1,800 signatures and > 35,800 page views and remarkable comments
- How Many People Know about the Scandals of child ‘care’, secret family courts and Forced Adoptions? – a count of signatures across a compilation of online petitions: > 16,000 signatures and > 129,000 page views on 05 October 2014.
3. addressing monetary reform as the cause of financial and economic ills in our society:
- Financial Fairness for Taxpayers and Voters with > 6,700 page views, 51 signatures and neat comments – since March 2009;
- Stop the Cash Crumble to Equalise the Credit Crunch with > 20,100 page views, > 240 signatures and very intelligent comments – since May 2008.
4. in defence of the spokesperson against paedophilia in Scotland:
- Release Robert Green on compassionate grounds, Please! > 900 signatures since April 2014.
May all (y)our efforts bring about the changes we’re hoping to see!
The previous administration promised a response by the Government as soon as there are at least 200 signatures.
From The Register: A Cabinet Office spokesman told us in November 2010 that the government had already “committed” to pushing for a formal debate in Parliament for any petition that draws more than 100,000 signatures from the British public. The petition with the most signatures would then be tabled as a bill.