Online Petitions and their Remarkable Comments
Our online petitions reflect the ‘pincer movement’ of the network of likeminded people that has come to meetings in Westminster or feels part of the online community:
- Abolish the ban on recording court proceedings, published on 29 August 2011 as the ‘crime’ that WWII Norman Scarth supposedly committed > 4,800 views and > 300 signatures with these excellent comments
- Free WWII Veteran Norman Scarth from Leeds Prison, published on 12 August 2011 in support of this great principled human rights activist – with 2,800 signatures and this fascinating analysis of over 1,000 comments that contributed greatly to his freedom – viewed over 25,100 times
- Parliamentary Inquiry into White Collar Crimes with > 150 signatures, > 5,400 page views and fascinating remarks since April 16, 2011
- WANTED: Fair Trials and Compensation with > 13,600 page views, > 500 signatures and these most interesting comments - since November 2010
- Stop the Oppression of the British People with > 16,000 page views, > 1,300 signatures and these wonderful comments - since March 2010.
2. regarding the effects of the secrecy of family courts:
- EU Parliament: Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent, the most petition-friendly platform: > 1,540 signers;
- Stop Forced Adoptions in the UK, published on 18 May 2013, to support an EU Petition to abolish Adoption without Parental Consent: > 900 signatures;
- Stop Secret Courts encourage Forced Adoptions in the UK, published in May 2012, also in support of the EU Petition: > 160 signatures;
- FREE the Musas and send the Family Back Home to Nigeria!, published on 11 August 2011, in support of Bishop Gloria Musa and her seven children stolen by Haringey Council: > 510 signatures, > 7,030 page views – closed for a while, after I was tricked into accepting a ‘gagging order’.
- The Secrecy of the Family Courts should be lifted NOW, published on May 20, 2011, with over 1,500 signatures and > 27,300 page views and remarkable comments
- How Many People Know about the Scandals of child ‘care’, secret family courts and Forced Adoptions? – a count of signatures across a compilation of online petitions: > 11,000 signatures and > 73,000 page views on 04 July 2013.
3. addressing monetary reform as the cause of financial and economic ills in our society:
- Financial Fairness for Taxpayers and Voters with > 6,700 page views, 51 signatures and neat comments - since March 2009;
- Stop the Cash Crumble to Equalise the Credit Crunch with > 20,100 page views, > 240 signatures and very intelligent comments - since May 2008.
May all (y)our efforts bring about the changes we’re hoping to see!
The previous administration promised a response by the Government as soon as there are at least 200 signatures.
From The Register: A Cabinet Office spokesman told us in November 2010 that the government had already “committed” to pushing for a formal debate in Parliament for any petition that draws more than 100,000 signatures from the British public. The petition with the most signatures would then be tabled as a bill.
- The Secrecy of the Family Court should be lifted NOW: Petition on- and off-line (vickyhaigh.wordpress.com)
- Towards a Public Inquiry into White Collar Crimes – by online petition (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)
- Why do we need ‘secrecy’ in the interest of the child whose details are put up for adoption? (vickyhaigh.wordpress.com)
- Can we demonstrate that institutionalised child abuse is a matter of Public Interest? (victims-unite.net)
- The Forensics of Legal Fraud – on the Unscrupulousness of White Collar Criminals is on Lulu! (paulettehcooper.wordpress.com)
- Downing Street e-petition site to get new Directgov home (go.theregister.com)