April 21, 2014
Court of Protection, Family Courts, Internet Media, McKenzie Friends, Ministry of Justice, Police, Police state, Prison, Rule of Law, Rule of Money, Scotland, White-Collar Criminals
Barnet London Borough Council, Christopher Booker, Gloria, Haringey London Borough Council, HM Prison Holloway, James Munby, McKenzie Friend, Robert Green
They are all in prison, except for Melissa Laird who was deported after 18 months in HMP Holloway so that her son could be kept for adoption – by Barnet Council…
Maurice Kirk is the oldest prisoner in HMP Cardiff. Here we visited Melissa with Maria, a serious victim of false imprisonment and other fraudulent white collar crimes.
Maurice has tried to help Gloria and Chiwar Musa as McKenzie Friend.
- Robert has been helping Anne Greig‘s campaign for justice for her daughter and brother.
Gloria and Chiwar Musa had their five children taken in April 2011 by Haringey Council.
- Since then their sixth child was taken, returned and taken again;
- Their seventh child was born in HMP Holloway and taken at birth – despite Sir James Munby’s judgement re Baby M R of 2003 about the right to breastfeeding.
Melissa Laird was in the next cell to Gloria in HMP Holloway. More
March 21, 2014
Child 'care', Child 'Protection', Child abduction, Mainstream Media, McKenzie Friends
Brussels, England, EU Parliament, European Parliament, Grantham, McKenzie Friend, Police officer, Police station
I wrote about the Pedros who were with us in Brussels on their site.
The photos I took between St. Pancras, the EU Parliament and back in St. Pancras are on https://www.facebook.com/sabine.k.mcneill/photos_all
And the phone call from Grantham Police Station came at 8.51 this morning to ask whether I can come up to represent them.
Or will they have to accept the ‘duty solicitor’ because we are not registered in the National Call Centre, because we work ‘pro bono’, i.e. for the common good rather than for money? The Police Officer called me ‘rude’ when I suggested he seemed to stumble over the term ‘McKenzie Friend‘.
We made history without knowing what the future will be: in Brussels and now at the Police Station in Grantham where the Pedros’ children were held for 72 hours after they were snatched in April 2013.
- Just like with the Muas, allegations were fabricated after the snatch;
- subsequent admissions by the oldest 12-year-old boy to have lied were ignored – just as his letters to the judge;
- the consent for adoption was dispensed with ‘in the interest of the children’ – that’s why I presented Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent to the Petitions Committee of the EU Parliament. More
November 8, 2013
Internet Media, Rule of Money
Business, Court costs, Flat rate, insurance, McKenzie Friend, Salford, Summons, Trade union
I distinctly prefer to communicate online than use paper and ‘snail mail’. So when my main McKenzie Friend (lay legal advisor) told me to submit a ‘counterclaim’ to Salford, I found this Money Claims UK site which is supposed to serve the litigant in person, i.e. let people settle claims without lawyers. It is supposedly the central repository for claims since March 2012. But now I can’t find the page any more where I read the exact date. I think it said 19.
First, I was wondering why I should become a ‘member’.
Then the software was highly unusable when I tried to upload files that were too long. No proper messages told me so and I wasted a lot of time before I figured it out.
Then my membership was recorded twice and I was sent a link to something that didn’t work.
Then the language was un-understandable to appreciate what was going on: a friendly person emailed that I had not paid the £54 fee required (a fixed fee of £45 plus VAT). Well, as a senior citizen and poor inventor I knew that I was below the limit of the permissible £13,000 income. Hence I should have been ‘fee exempt’. I had learned that as as my McKenzie Friend is helping me to appeal in a court battle with my landlord. More
September 4, 2013
Corruption, McKenzie Friends, Meetup
Arts and Entertainment, England, Hertfordshire, Labour, McKenzie Friend, St Alban, West Virginia, WSAZ-TV
I’m using the superb platform www.meetup.com to support people in their court hearings. It’s VERY important for the Court to see ‘bodies’, for supporters to network, for victims to know that they are not alone and for bloggers to spread the word online.
Please visit http://www.meetup.com/victims-unite/ for this special kind of ‘activism’ or learning to become a McKenzie Friend.
The first hearing on 10 September is to support Michael Doherty in St. Albans.
The second one on 13 September to support Brian Pead in Norfolk.
August 30, 2013
Corruption, Court of Protection, Family Courts, Government, House of Lords, Internet Media, Law Enforcement, McKenzie Friends, Ministry of Justice, Parliament, Police state, Prison, Rule of Law, Rule of Money, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Court of Protection, Government, Holloway, House of Lords, McKenzie Friend, Norman Scarth, Rule of law, South Wales Police
How do you compare injustice, fraud, failures of ‘the system’ and explain the width of the gap between the Rule of Law (and correctness) and the Rule of Money (and corruption)?
Victims Unite started in August 2010 by publishing individual cases that were begun on Enforcement of Bank of England Act 1694. Since then I
- accompanied some 50 general and another 50 or so cases in family courts
- posted 474 articles
- and 815 followers are reading regularly about ‘us’, the victims turning into starfighters, campaigners, online activists and McKenzie Friends and ‘them’, the ‘public service’ organisations ranging from police, prison, courts, the House of Commons and House of Lords to the Government in Downing Street.
Today, the 250,000 mark of visitors will be passed. And I am sorry to say that the only thing that has improved is my ability to ‘see through’ what’s happening more and more:
- public officials commit white collar crimes
- they deny and lie
- they cover each other
- they commit more crimes to cover up.
No matter which ‘case’ comes before courts, no matter which story I try to publish, no matter who tries to get justice and compensation, it’s never a level playing field, for there is always one individual that is being victimised by many officials who are ‘just doing their job’. More
July 6, 2013
McKenzie Friends, Ministry of Justice, Rule of Law, Rule of Money, United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
Golden Rule, Judicial College, Justice ministry, Law, Legal aid, McKenzie Friend, Working Group
This 55-page report was sent by Jeff Lampert of Help4LiPs.
Constituted by the Master of the Rolls, the Working Group was formed in December 2012 following the expected rise in the number of litigants in person (LiPs) after the Legal Aid reforms in April 2013.
The contents covers:
- Overview and executive summary
- Issues that arise when dealing with LiPs
- Training and guidance for the judiciary
- The rules
- McKenzie Friends and other lay assistants
- Vexatious litigants
- Conclusions and summary of recommendations
As always in these kinds of documents, the intentions are good and honourable:-
- Access to justice is the constitutional right of every citizen.
- The importance of a positive approach to litigants in person.
The question is: how will this ‘positive approach’ be implemented?
- It’s like with the Law. It doesn’t need changing. It just needs to be followed! More