It may not be worth anything, but I’d like to die knowing that I’ve tried my best. Hence I have submitted this text to Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent online to the EU Petitions Committee. More can be provided offline later.
It comprises input from ‘key players’ and expert Ian Josephs who still gets between 3 and 6 calls a day, sometimes up to 10.
This is our position:
- the next Committee meeting is on 19 June
- they tend to be held once a month and have LOTS of petitions to consider
- two non-UK MEPs have promised to help get our petition tabled, if it has at least 2,000 signatures.
Children ought to be separated from their parents only in very exceptional circumstances, subject to judicial review and in line with the requirements stemming from the European Convention on Human Rights (ETS No. 5) and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child of 1989.
They Council of Europe has produced
Hence I’ve tried my best to gain support:
- The Secrecy of Family Courts should be lifted now has 1,435 signatures and marvellous comments
- Stop Forced Adoptions on AVAAZ has 723 signatures
- Stop Secret Family Courts encouraging Forced Adoptions on Care2 has 113 signatures
- I compiled related petitions from different platforms and counted How many people know about child ‘care’, secret family courts and forced adoptions? – with the latest result of 10,635 signatures and 70,689 page views.
- Thus I discovered that the most engaging platform is Change.org where I now started EU Parliament: Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent with 39 supporters so far.
Any chance of you adding your support to getting numbers up? More