The idea to occupy zebra crossings was born in 2002, when Caul Grant, founder of the Campaign for Truth and Justice, and his supporters stood still on the one outside the Royal Courts of Justice. A Police Inspector told them “Just keep moving and you’re alright.”
For ‘empowerment activists‘ to stop the traffic again in Central London was quite an achievement on the first Empowerment Monday.
But even better: Scotland Yard have invited Caul to negotiate future plans!
This is therefore to invite you
- to add ‘Occupy Zebra Crossings‘ to your portfolio of direct actions
- to operate as support networks for empowering activities
- to organise yourselves into ‘empowerment networks’.
With Commitment sheets – to spell out what kind of support you are able to give:
- e.g. number of hours during demo time – on Empowerment Mondays - outside the Royal Courts of Justice – or wherever
- as regular speaker – or as occasional guest
- as an online or offline activist.
With Empowerment Mottos and Slogans such as
re the justice system:
- Judiciary Guilty of Criminal Acts
- Shifting the Blame is the Name of the Game
- White Collar Criminals get away with Murder
- Stop Targeting Individuals - the extraordinary story of Gulf Veterans
- Stop the Bedroom Tax - how taxing with dishonest money is the State’s financial weapon
- Fight the Gagging Bill
- Return our Stolen Children
- Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent
- The Secrecy of Family Courts should be lifted Now
- Free the Musas and Send them Home – WITH their children
re online petitions and activities
- Law Breakers cannot be Law Enforcers
- Fair Trials and Compensation
- Stop Bankrupting people and businesses that are not in debt
re general repression and suppression
- Stop the Oppression of the British People
- Bring Back the Bradbury Pound – the ultimate economic solution to replace dishonest ‘bank money‘ with proper ‘treasury money‘ and compensate victims of white collar criminals
and anything anybody can think of. I can’t for the moment. Just want to get this good news out!