A sigh of relief seemed to have gone across the UK today – thanks to this announcement by the Australian PM:
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has issued an apology to people affected by Australia’s forced adoption policy between the 1950s and 1970s.
Tens of thousands of babies of unmarried, mostly teenage mothers, were thought to have been taken by the state and given to childless married couples.
Many women said they were coerced into signing away their children.
… practices that were unethical, dishonest and in many cases illegal.
The report was based on submissions by hundreds of women.
Here, we are publishing
- child snatching is one of Seven Deadly Syndromes and Seven Media Cover-Ups,
- Punishment without Crime and
we have submitted
- a portfolio of nine cases to the Education Select Committee when it looked into child ‘protection’
- over 1,200 signatures of the petition The Secrecy of the Family Courts should be lifted NOW to various people responsible
- with marvellous comments representing hundreds of families.