First I saw the fraudulent imprisonment of Vicky Haigh when I acted as McKenzie Friend for her, together with Liz Watson who was also sent to prison on fabricated charges. Vicky had asked Social Services for help with the abuse her daughter was experiencing from her father.
- First lesson learned: never ever ask Social Services for help!
- “Daddy does things to me he shouldn’t, and now I can’t see mummy any more.“
- The rest is a network of corrupt guys at the right place in the right institution…
Then I saw Gloria and Chiwar Musa being imprisoned as two of the some 200 parents who are sent to prison by secret family courts every year, as Harriet Harman admitted in Parliament in 2006.
- Second lesson: never think you can trust a judge, jury or another judge, let alone the Social Workers, Police Officers, lawyers and NHS staff involved.
- The eldest daughter was molested by the son of her foster carer.
- The second daughter told her mum that they were taken to dark places at night where there are only men.
- The son asked: mummy, what is paedophilia?
Then we visited Melissa Laird in HMP Holloway. She had been advised to plead guilty to get her son back.
- Third lesson: never believe any promise.
- As John Hemming MP wrote: Mother deported whilst her child is kept for adoption.
And we saw how prison conditions in HMP Holloway are just as bad as in HMP Cardiff for Maurice Kirk – especially to stop Litigants in Person from advancing their case. At the same time, it is impossible to get trustworthy lawyers. And now not even Legal Aid.
- Next lesson: Complaint procedures don’t result in anything.
- HMP Governors hide behind communication walls and Police or Prison Inspectors are not responsible or find other excuses.
The latest ‘cri de coeur’ comes from whistleblower Brian Pead who now calls himself William Brian Freeman. He has been in 5 prisons since 14 May 2014.
- You’ll have to find me via Find a prisoner.
So I wrote: Dear Sir or Madam More