Crooked Lawyers – Exploited vs Exploiters – shows: a remarkable video by remarkable victim Joe Dowling who learned the hard way. His case was simple and clear: a solicitor helped himself to the money that was “in trust” in a client’s account.
But, a self-confessed alcoholic judge, a crooked law firm and a useless Law Society made him produce the video in which he comes to interesting conclusions:
- the legal profession has made rules and laws unnecessarily complicated
- the rules and laws are, in essence, a matter of honesty and common sense.
But, his discoveries were also interesting:
- being deceived and cheated by solicitors
- the Law Society being a ‘trades union‘ with conflicts of interest – by acting as the insurance company of its members – is breaking countless laws
- the Bar Council defends its members by intimidating and terrorizing the general public.
But he learned the real message from his ‘mentors’ turned ‘tormentors’:
- if you can’t get the required result within the law, ignore the law – following the example of his solicitors and The Law Society
- he felt forced to act illegally to provoke the Law Society and Bar Council
- he felt ‘lost in the system’ when he ended up in Pentonville prison, but vowed to expose what has been going on.
He was surprised to discover the power of the Law Society, as he ended up in prison for a year and 3 months.
And he discovered the Memorandum of Understanding between the Law Society and the Police…
He used to have the greatest respect for these public bodies. But now he had to choose to make this excellent video.