Once again, John Hemming MP stands up for a victim!
His legal rights have been removed from him and now he has been made homeless without any notification that people were about to smash his door down.
This case differs from many of the Court of Protection cases only in that you are allowed to report it. Others are covered by secrecy. It shows how badly run the system can be.
Here’s the report by The Independent. It combines what we are all very aware of in terms of white collar crimes:
- people “judged” to be unable to manage their own affairs
- the Official Solicitor NOT acting in the interest of the ‘client’
- medical reports not being disclosed
- wills NOT being executed in the interest of the beneficiaries
- state appointed solicitors acting fraudulently
- bailiffs “just doing their job”
- official bodies “do not comment on individual cases”…
- Secretive Court of Protection in legal reporting first over man’s battle with council (telegraph.co.uk)
- How a secret court was made to open up (independent.co.uk)
- Secrecy fears after court bans contact with 65 people (alisonsgypt.wordpress.com)