The Daily Mail speaks our mind once again: Legal aid fees for David Cameron’s older lawyer brother hushed up. So the cuts affect the public’ but not the ‘private’ legal profession.
Already on 18th June the Mail published: How crime DOES pay: 500 legal aid barristers earning more than the PM.
- Peter Oakes spots the articles
- Maurice J Kirk BVSc calls it the public gravy train
- Patrick Cullinane talks about HM Partnership
- I would like those who can make a difference save their face by turning our dishonest money system into one that is sustainable, honest and thus more equitable. But then I am too idealistic aka naive while ‘they’ will make sure to keep their noses in the trough, as some would say, while we need to continue to challenge the effects of such bad habits, whether it’s the financial or the legal profession or both, while politicians are the fallguys (or not).
In any case, so-called public servants are clearly just doing it in the NAME of the ‘general public’ but not in reality.
Who would be generous enough to do something for ‘the public’ rather than themselves and their old boy’s network?
We can only keep trying so that we can live with our conscience, and we will see whether Stewart Jackson MP will join our cause!
- Legal Aid Fees Dispute: “necessary to go outside Northern Ireland to bring in other lawyers”? (sluggerotoole.com)