Norman Scarth’s case (summarised on the petition to free him) was presented today at the Royal Courts of Justice in London. Norman attended by video link from Leeds, was in good mental health, and he presented his case to the judge in very respectful and polite terms.
Judge Wyn Williams DENIED NORMAN DUE PROCESS OF THE LAW. He adjourned the case until next week, sending Norman back to prison. There was coverage by Russian TV, and a few members of the press.
The judge ordered that Norman be allowed to have contact with legal representation, which the prison has been denying him. However, he refused to order that Norman be given his prescription medication, thereby forcing Norman to be kept in torture for a further week.
The judge did not release Norman and there were loud shouts and cries from the public gallery. Judge Williams was seen to be shaking.
Judge Wyn Williams said the Court will notify the Secretary of State about next week’s hearing, as well as the Prison Governor, Paul Baker of Leeds Prison, who was supposed to have been present today, but was not.
Norman’s supporters are calling for the public WORLDWIDE to sign the public petition to FREE NORMAN, Arctic Convoy veteran hero, 86 years old who is being denied his human rights and medication in Leeds Prison, UK.
Will the public please help Norman Scarth by signing the petition as quickly as possible and telling all their friends?
Will you please help with the campaign by spreading the word far and wide, contacting the media with this story, and any and all contacts you may have so that this will go viral and we will get more names on the petition?
We need many more by next week.
Please do send the link to the marvellous comments or print them and send them by mail:
More news on http://justicefornormanscarth.wordpress.com/
FOLLOW ON TWITTER @freenorman
- Norman @ the RCJ on Thursday August 18 – thanks to Writ of Habeas Corpus (victims-unite.net)
- 923 Signatures on the Petition Free WWII Veteran Norman Scarth from Leeds Prison (victims-unite.net)
- After the demo at Leeds Prison: how to Free Norman Scarth (victims-unite.net)
- Partners in Human Rights Activism: Maurice Kirk & Norman Scarth (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)
- Norman Scarth asks HM The Queen to prove the meaning of her Coronation Oath (victims-unite.net)
- Open letter and Formal Complaint from Norman Scarth – 85-year-old WWII Veteran and Prisoner (victims-unite.net)
- Appealing on behalf of WWII Veteran Norman Scarth – a passionate plea and accusation from Canada (victims-unite.net)
- What’s the point complaining? Norman Scarth hits more than four prison walls (victims-unite.net)
- Background facts about Norman Scarth’s imprisonment – for demo this Saturday outside Leeds Prison (victims-unite.net)
- The Law is only as good as the integrity of those entrusted to administer it (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)