Thanks to Norman Scarth‘s astute mind and live experience with prisons, we learned about three cases where prisoners succeeded in getting access to the “facilities” required to prepare their defence: computers, law books, etc.
But Maurice is being hit with one refusal after another. Hence I wrote this letter:
Mr Richard Booty
Dear Governor Booty
Re Mr Maurice J Kirk BVSc A7306 AT
This is to alert you to case law that allows prisoners access to computers, law books and the facilities needed to prepare their defence in court proceedings. I enclose just one hard copy. References to three cases are on the article Who Governs HMP Governors? Who Ensures Human Rights for Prisoners?
Jeremy Bentham knew already in the 19th century that Publicity is the very soul of justice. In the absence of fairness and justice, I’d like to make you aware of the public support for Mr Kirk’s quests for fairness and justice:
- our online petition: WANTED: Fair Trials and Compensation has reached over 400 signatures and most critical comments
- new posts on his own website get up to 2,000 viewers
- the site focussing on South Wales Police has had over 6,000 views in just over a year.
I understand you have received other evidence for public support, for it is hardly acceptable that medical attention is not provided adaequately nor access to communication and the facilities needed for court cases.
I trust that I can appeal to your conscience, for that’s all that remains with us every night and at the end of our lives.
Sabine K McNeill
Web publisher and McKenzie Friend
- Victim turned Warrior and Chronic Litigant detained by Portsmouth Police to be handed over to South Wales Colleagues (victims-unite.net)
- Human Rights Activist Norman Scarth writes Admirably to HMP Cardiff (victims-unite.net)
- Police State in Action: Norman Scarth lured out of ‘sheltered flat’ to be arrested!!! (victims-unite.net)
- The Police State in Action: Silenced for he Knows too Much (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)
- No chances for human rights being respected in the UK? (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- Maurice on Hunger Strike – for Unlawful Behaviour by South Wales Police and HM Court Services (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)
- Maurice in Prison – according to the Rule of Law or the Rule of Person??? (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)
- Where there are victims (Maurice Kirk & the Musas), there are perpetrators and rescuers (victims-unite.net)
- Perhaps Individuals like Maurice will be recorded in the same light as explorers who did not believe the world was flat (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)
- The Law is only as good as the integrity of those entrusted to administer it (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)