Praised be the internet and Facebook as the most popular social medium!
Remember: in August 2004 (nearly 8 years ago!), the Telegraph published Children are taken away, but the system can’t admit it’s wrong and in August 2005: How social services can seize our children, criticising clearly:
- documentary evidence of distored reports
- refusal to share vital documents
- failure to follow procedures.
The article even mentions also a criminal court:
- 11 complaints against 13 police officers ranging from
- unlawful arrest
- imprisonment and harassments
- refusal to accept the parent’s alibi.
Today we see these Facebook pages:
- Social Services abuse of position and persecution of parents must stop
- Forced Adoption
- Why Foster Care?
- UK Social Services
- All Party Parliamentary Group on Family Law
- One million strong Against Foster Care Abuse
- Stand against foster care abuse: Demand a reform of the Child Protection Service
- Please help me Find my Birth Family
and also ‘the other side’:
- Social media threat to adopted children grows in UK (it may be a blessing rather than a threat!)
Relevant online petitions are:
- The Secrecy in Family Courts should be lifted NOW
- Increase Transparency in the Family Courts
- Stop Social Workers removing Innocent Children for Forced Adoption
- Paedophiles rights? What about the rights of our children?
- Justice for Holly Greig and Robert Green: Official Petition
On YouTube we find
- This Morning (ITV): Protect Your Children from Social Services
- Hemsworth Social Services Stole my Kids on Lies
- Sack your Social Worker
- Family justice: what we can do to protect our children – Camilla Cavendish, The Times Online, July 9 2008 – Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3 listing the 10-point plan:
- Open family courts to the press in all but exceptional circumstances (as recommended by the Constitutional Affairs Select Committee)
- Let any parent or carer accused of abuse call any witnesses they need in their defence. At the moment, they are routinely refused permission to do so.
- Give automatic permission for parents who are refused legal aid to get a lay advisor to help them present their case. This is routinely refused.
- Remove the restrictions that prevent families from talking about their case (as recommended by the Constitutional Affairs Select Committee).
- Review the definition of “emotional abuse” across local authorities, to make sure that it cannot become a catch-all for overzealous officials.
- Provide an automatic right for parents to receive copies of case conference notes and all evidence used against them in court, just as they would in a criminal trial.
- Create an independent body to oversee the actions of social services, with proper sanctions. If that body is to be the General Social Care Council, make it easier for parents to go directly to that body rather than having to face delays from the local authority.
- Let children in care waive their right to privacy, if they wish to speak out. For gagging children is surely not consistent with promoting their welfare.
- Restructure CAFCASS, the Family Court Advisory Service, from being an organisation that reports on the parents to the courts to one that actively promotes the parenting needs of children. The primary focus should cease to be assisting the court process. It should be diverting parents away from contested hearings into the making of parenting plans.
- Review the recent legal aid cutbacks that are deterring lawyers from taking on these complex family cases. It is quite wrong that desperate parents are unable to find a lawyer to help them in their time of need.
As Jeremy Bentham said, where there is no publicity, there is no justice. If you support these ideas, please do go online, support our campaign and email your MP.
- The Tragedies of Cornel Brown & Nicola Thatcher – video on children abused by Social Workers (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- Children are taken away – but the system can’t admit it’s wrong (victims-unite.net)
- Social workers sex up abuse CLAIMS to Snatch Children for Adoption (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- News Releases about the Worst Child Snatching Case in the UK (publicityonline.wordpress.com)
- Forced Adoption and Total Secrecy in the Family Courts – an Edge Media Video (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)