It’s official: British corruption is more common than recognised, report warns

Here’s the article in The Telegraph and here’s the original report by Transparency International, the global coalition against corruption. Its 2-year study Money, Politics, Power: Corruption Risks in Europe makes nine headline recommendations for the UK and can be read online here.

The most pertinent ones I can subscribe to from my observation of victims of white collar crimes:

1. in the Judiciary corruption is ‘very strong’ and the worst of all institutions analysed
  2.  given the links between overseas corruption and corruption with the uK, the role of the Government’s Anti-Corruption Champion (ACC) should be extended to cover corruption within the UK. The ACC should provide an annual report to Parliament
  3. a high-level response is needed to tackle corruption more effectively
  4. politicians, government, business and institutions throughout the UK urgently need to understand and accept that corruption is a problem in key sectors
  5. NHS, social housing and prison service are mentioned specifically, besides sports!

This is a faint consolation, after I attended a court hearing for Mr Ebert yesterday – in Wood Green Court in North London. My stomach nerves can’t take it: judges seem to take pride in being as punitive as possible on their ‘thrones’, while Litigants in Person do their very best to overcome their Legal Abuse Syndromes and defend their victimisation, while trying to ‘nail’ their aggressors. A virtually impossible battle with highly ‘unequal arms’. But who cares about legal principles in a corrupt judiciary?

While the Musas are being accused of supposedly having abused their children, who, in fact, were kidnapped by Haringey Council, judges and lawyers make an excellent living, no matter who wins in the end.

This entry was posted in Corruption, Publicity and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to It’s official: British corruption is more common than recognised, report warns

1. Tad Davison says:

This doesn’t surprise me in the least!

Saw a good post earlier that uses a lot of quotes from famous historical figures that are highly appropriate. It’s author should be congratulated for finding them out, and they deserve to be read by as many people as possible.

‘If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams, speech at the Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.
    When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.
    Thomas Jefferson

Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
    Frederick Douglass, civil rights activist, Aug. 4, 1857

I am only one, but I am one.
    I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
    And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
    What I can do, I should do.
    And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.
    Edward Everett Hale (1822-1909)

The good men may do separately is small compared with what they may do collectively.
    Benjamin Franklin

In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned.
    When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    Notebook, 1904
    Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)

It does not take a majority to prevail … but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
    Samuel Adams

Liberty is defended in three stages:
    The ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridges box.
    Ambrose Bierce

People, rise up and revolt throughout the EU to destroy it and its COLONIALIST, CORRUPT, BAST€RD petty diktators and their QUISLINGS in every member country before they totally destroy you and your countries.
    • Posted by: antieudictatorship

• Wonderful, Tad!

After my second day in Wood Green Court, I feel victims can only hang on to likeminded friends. Inspiration and empowerment is needed on all levels: mental, emotional, spiritual and physical…

2. Roger Gough says:

Re. the quote from Mark Twain: notebook. One that I discovered sometime ago and coined by Sir John Harington (who also invented the WC for Queen Elizabeth I but she was not a fan of it) is: ‘Treason doth never prosper. What’s the reason? For if it prosper none dare call it treason’.

• Tad Davison says:

That pretty well sums up the actions of those who took us into the EU. It was an act of treason, but has never hitherto been seen as such. Now the genie is out of the bottle, and people can see the subterfuge, many will come to appreciate the gravity of the crimes of those who sold us down the river for their thirty pieces of silver.

That particularly relates to the immediate purposes of this website, because the restrictive laws that would severely limit our freedoms and liberties as a consequence of further political matriculation, are indeed of great concern. Extensive legal powers without redress, threaten our civil liberties like no other.

Tad Davison

Cambridge

3. Roger Gough says:

I’m not suggesting that the following is indicative of corruption but I am wary of Amnesty International and other similar outfits because, as far as I can tell and somebody (many?) will put me right on this, they seldom if ever apply themselves to cases of injustice in Britain. I once suggested to a Fleet Street broadsheet editor that the nuts and bolts of a particular story had not been revealed to Joe Public because, I suspected, a PIIO had been issued on it. He categorically claimed that he didn’t know what a PIIO was. That was strange because I learned of such orders from his paper. (They’re the new-ish equivalent of a ‘D’ notice). At the weekend (because I’m interested) I asked the same question of another (past) editor whose ‘beat’ (so to speak) involved a lot of copy which probed ‘iffy’ foreign situations but few, if any, British ones Me:. ‘How do you know that what you’re wanting to print is not covered by a PIIO. Who holds the list – who do you consult?’ Him: ‘Oh, we just give it to the lawyers’. Me: ‘And where is the list which they consult?’ Him:’That’s a good question. D’you know, I’ve never given it a thought’. This man’s ex-job concerned nothing but stories of censorship. My suspicions of him and his ‘noble’ award winning publication were not diminished.

The term relates to “The Public Interest ” it is very simple to explain the
    reason for what in truth is a ” gagging order ” It is very important for
    the traitors running the Country ( into the ground ) That Joe Public is
    convinced Article 10 Freedom of Expression exists along with Free-Speech
    and a Free press ( see Murdoch )

It is ” NOT IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST ” for the Public to find out they are complete dupes being robbed & fleeced by the ” Legal Mafia ” using the
    facilities provided by HM Government. Re: Social Services for Child
    Trafficking. HM Court Service for false-bogus County Court Judgements
    bogus bankruptcies The Insolvency Service provides corrupt Trustees
    looting citizens assets, Land Registry facilitating mortgage fraud & property
    theft re: Mr. Ebert. HM Prison Service for non compliant protesting innocent citizens re: N.Scarth. NHS for mental health act secret imprisonments by use
    of ” medical cosh ” drugs etc. the CPS Crown Persecution Service for fitted-up
    citizens that protest to much ( in their eyes ) and of course HM Revenue & Customs to rob you blind by the TAX method to pay for and support a goon squad police service, run by mafia members in the Civil Service

It is definitely NOT IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST for the public to realise that
    35% of MPs are lawyers re: ( professional liars ) and “legal mafia” members

And for sure this website VICTIMS UNITE is in THE PUBLIC INTEREST.

And please note the 60 years of Gross Negligence by HM the Queen. No
    doubt duped by the evil cabal that controls her information and communications. The UK has witnessed 60 years of decay where there are
    No English citizens ! you can be Welsh, Irish, Scots, or British NO ENGLISH
    Why ?

My views are in the public interest because we are ALL VICTIMS totally
    unaware of course, but then again you don not tell slaves they are slaves
    ( they might revolt ) no no you tell them they are European Citizens with
    ECHR to protect them.

For Corruption see: The Scot Report. this concerns dodgy arms deals
    to Iraq, Iran, etc. the trusty sword of justice or was it truth. one Jonathan
    Aitken convicted perjuror and of course good old Mark Thatcher,

All explained in the book by Gerald James ” In the Public Interest ” or
    was it just ” Public Interest ” or not in the public interest, it,s a bit like
    Donald Rumpsfeld ” there are things we know ” “things we dont know
    we know ” if you know watt a meen like !

6. Phil says:

I have known for a long time that the UK judiciary is wholly corrupt and rotten to the core. Like so many today I have witnessed it first hand, and not just once, but many, many times. Any litigant in person who is trying to obtain justice will witness it for themselves, and it is only through the Internet that we know it is not the litigant that is the problem, but the judiciary itself. The judiciary label litigants as vextasious people, but they are only trying to get justice from a corrupt judiciary.

• JM says:

well said…if ti weren’t for the Internet i wd believe i was only one (for a long while i did) and was in danger of ending up with a right complex about it…

• Jay says:

I’am a victim of a corrupt judiciary. I’m glad there are sites like this one that exposes the corruption. It allows me to feel I’m not the only one out there.

7. Roger Gough says:

Perhaps a little off message – but nonetheless interesting I think, as we are talking of our judiciary, or ‘the arrogant conspiracy’ as I began calling them to their bewigged faces some 20 years ago – is the current state of justice here in the West Country. 2 nights ago on the BBCWest News was the revelation that the hearing of cases in Bristol’s Crown Court has had to be stopped because ‘money has run out’ and the Government cannot afford to pay QC’s etc to carry on with their work. (Justice delayed is justice denied – as if they cared!) So why couldn’t the BBC put up a reporter to ask the talking heads of said Judiciary who were complaining about the fact that they were weren’t getting more of our money, a question along the lines of: “Are you and your ilk aware that the Country is undergoing a period of severe austerity and ‘we’re all in this together’? Could you not work on, as normal, and be grateful for the huge salaries you already enjoy? Don’t forget, you only pay 2% of your pay towards your pension, the size of which would make even a crooked banker green with envy?” (The 2% quote, not denied by Cameron, came up in PM’s questions 2 weeks ago).

• Tad Davison says:

Excellent post Roger, but this is the BBC we’re talking about. The mouthpiece of the establishment! The same BBC that holds a studio discussion on the EU, and invites a rampant Europhile on one side, and a mildly Euro-sceptic Tory on the other, who seemed at pains not to compromise his leader’s weak stance. The strong anti-EU message, and by extension, the British people, would be better served by gaining the views and opinions of those who have the most powerful and irrefutable arguments, and so it is with the judiciary.

Unless the BBC wishes to continue with it’s benign, emasculated and altogether soft, cosy, liberal journalism, it needs to get out there and talk to the people who matter. Those who have witnessed poor standards of justice first-hand. It is no good to acquiesce to the status quo, nor defer to it.

The ruling elite have been protected for too long. They have no need to be seen to be even-handed, because nobody really challenges them. They have been allowed to entrench themselves with legal jargon and privilage, and it matters not to them if the scales of justice are permanently weighted in their favour, provided they can cream off their inflated fees largely at the tax-payer’s expense.

And they have the gall the condemn benefit cheats as parasites. Whilst I have no time for those who cheat the system, there are no bigger parasites than lawyers!

Tad Davison

Cambridge

Now that comment Tad. is a bloody good reason “lie detectors” are introduced
    forthwith, we will need experienced testers that can practice their craft on
    fraudulent benefit claimants. Because they will need experience to catch
    the “professional liars” re: “legal mafia” solicitors, judges, police, barristers
    HMC personnel. HMRC. etc.in fact all establishment employees who know the
    Authorities will go to any lengths to prevent Joe Public knowing the facts.

9. Roger Gough says:

Have just clicked on ‘A diary of injustice in Scotland’ under ‘other victims sites’ (see right). It’s quite unbelieveable, but at least Scotland seems to have an almost full time site with an official look about it. Is Salmond actually taking action to clean up the cess pit ?

• Tad Davison says:

If he is, it’ll be a first!

I have never seen so many gutless whimps as those we have in parliament!

With the exception of a few, gone are the conviction politicians, to be replaced by the convicted politicians.

They are just a bunch of self-serving con-men who bend with the prevailing wind. Little wonder we have so much contempt for them.

Tad Davison

Cambridge

10. Roger Gough says:

Here’s an interesting one: On this coming Tuesday evening, the organisation 38 degrees (left wing) is hosting a web chat with David Davis,Con. MP for Haltemprice, Cheshire. As I’ve expressed an interest in what (as an organisation) they might be up to, I signed on with them and an e-mail I’ve just received tells me of this event in which he is arguing for ‘freedom’ (see his new web site to that effect). He’s quite right about defending our freedoms, specifically he’s agin Ken Clarke’s upcoming ‘secret courts’ where public interest info is withheld, never to see the light of day because it would embarrass the Powrs That Be. What makes this particularly interesting is that a friend pointed out to me some time ago an entry in Hansard for early 2011 in which he (Davis) admits to withholding from Parliament information which had come into his possession and which was in the public interest to disclose. I daren’t mention on an open forum what it referred to (safety first). He had made his own decision to cover that info. up. (Obviously), he was never taken to task about this. I might even know what he was referring to but he could be made to feel very awkward if the right question was asked. Sadly I won’t be available to put the question to him. I’m not a left winger by the way, but by subscribing to The Guardian I find that a reader is privy to more interesting news. For instance, I’ve not heard on any BBC, ITV or Sky news programme in the past month that in 2 entirely separate ‘Sapphire’ units in the Met Police (Rape investigation units), 2 Detectives in charge of many enquiries have been arrested (one Charged) FOR ALTERING CASE PAPERS SO THAT RAPE CASES ARE WRONGLY DISCONTINUED.I’m not sure that I can envisage anything more despicable. Words fail me.(Apologies if readers are already privy to this – I’m getting old and may not have found it on Sabine’s site).

• Tad Davison says:

Sorry to be pedantic, but Haltemprice is in the East Riding of Yorkshire. On the much more important point, David Davis is one of the good guys, and anyone who opposes the traitor Clarke gets my backing.

Tad Davison

Cambridge

• JM says:

no he isn’t…he’s playing the saME GAME they all do….pretending to be one thing whilst being another…..remember that obama guy? said all the right things…as soon as he was given ‘power’ did the opposite, as they all do….

• Roger Gough says:

I have to agree with JM on both counts. In respect of the former I have the proof and in respect of Obama, well – he’s a lawyer. His policies in respect of drones are those of an international war criminal. Imagine a drone randomly hitting, say, Luton with the loss of many innocent lives including children which, I’ve just realised, begs the question; why didn’t they ‘drone’ Obama? The Seals weren’t going to ask for his passport were they?

11. Pingback: Mainstream Media about Children Stolen by Social Services and Family Courts « Publicity Online

12. Pingback: International three-day fast and praying for the Musas starting today « Victims Unite!