This cartoon was sent by Richard Moore who publishes cyberjournal.org.
The Yorkshire Post refers to 340 inquiries in Savile banned from children’s homes for abuse.
The Savile affair and the media – the watchdog which didn’t bark is an article on Inforrm – The International Forum for Responsible Media Blog.
Mind the Gap: between online publications and the Mainstream Media! But this mainstream media overview shows that there is awareness of what’s going with Social Services and child abuse.
Christopher Booker’s latest article confirms our views and experiences: The worst scandal I’ve seen in my 50-year career.
It has been said that the Royal Commission into NSW Policing in 1997 started with celebrities and resulted in a volume on corruption, one on reform and one on paedophilia… What about “The Power of We” next?
- Jimmy Savile Abuse ‘Spans Six Decades’ (news.sky.com)
- ‘I’m staying put’: Esther Rantzen claims she will remain child abuse charity patron after claims she ignored warnings over Jimmy Savile (dailymail.co.uk)
- BBC Director-General issues ‘profound apology’ to Jimmy Savile child abuse victims (thetruthseeker.co.uk)
- Savile abuse claims span six decades (independent.co.uk)
- No shame: Call me a pervert when I’m dead, I really don’t care – Jimmy Savile, the lost interview (mirror.co.uk)
- BBC to set up independent inquiry into ‘cesspit’ Savile claims (thetimes.co.uk)
- Jimmy Savile quizzed by BBC about sex abuse rumours 20 years ago (standard.co.uk)
- ‘I told Esther Rantzen about Jimmy Savile molesting young girls’: Sex abuse victim claims she told Childline founder about vile accusations (dailymail.co.uk)