Ishtar’s Gate is a website with discussion forum that I came across thanks to Twitter which I hardly use. But Steven Messham is on Twitter and he is one of the many victims who do need support. He tweeted that the BBC treated him like dirt. That’s NOT ON! He suffered enough as a child!!!
Ishtar must be his biggest supporter, for, as a former Sunday Times journalist, she wrote An Open Letter to Lord Alistair McAlpine which she mentions by tweeting in support of Steven Messham. The letter refers to
- Lord McAlpine’s lawyer threatening all those on Twitter mentioning his name in connection with paedophilia would be sued for libel
- an interview he gave to an Australian newspaper in August 2000
- his book The New Macchiavelli: The Art of Politics in Business – a guide on how to succeed in modern politics by being vile
- his advice on dealing with the media: spread false defeat to gain public sympathy
- or false accusation and then arrange for it to be exposed as such – so the accuser will forever be treated with suspicion.
David Icke’s The Biggest Secret named him – along with a lot of other high profile names.
The Scallywag magazine named him.
The Evening Standard published in 2003 McAlpine erotic sell-off.
David Icke’s Forum is presumably the most comprehensive fount of relevant information online.
- Peer to sue tweeters who linked him to sex abuse as BBC pays £185,000 damages (telegraph.co.uk)
- Lord McAlpine threatens to sue Speaker’s wife Sally Bercow (telegraph.co.uk)
- George Entwistle: Catalogue of blunders that smeared McAlpine and cost the Director General his job (dailymail.co.uk)
- Lord McAlpine: Guardian will not pay George Monbiot’s legal costs (telegraph.co.uk)
- Shame on the BBC for their vile slur, says Lord McAlpine’s brother – Daily Mail (dailymail.co.uk)
- David Mellor criticised for calling abuse victim Steve Messham ‘a weirdo’ (guardian.co.uk)
- FW: [New post] Steven Messham is not just a child abuse victim. He’s a hero. – Annette R.S. (inquiringminds.cc)
- ‘Trial by Twitter’ Talking Point Now in Full Swing… (21stcenturywire.com)
- Wrongly accused ex-politician vows to sue Twitter users (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- Sally Bercow: I regret Lord McAlpine tweet but it was not libellous (standard.co.uk)