It may not be worth anything, but I’d like to die knowing that I’ve tried my best. Hence I have submitted this text to Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent online to the EU Petitions Committee. More can be provided offline later.
It comprises input from ‘key players’ and expert Ian Josephs who still gets between 3 and 6 calls a day, sometimes up to 10.
This is our position:
- the next Committee meeting is on 19 June
- they tend to be held once a month and have LOTS of petitions to consider
- two non-UK MEPs have promised to help get our petition tabled, if it has at least 2,000 signatures.
Children ought to be separated from their parents only in very exceptional circumstances, subject to judicial review and in line with the requirements stemming from the European Convention on Human Rights (ETS No. 5) and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child of 1989.
They Council of Europe has produced
Hence I’ve tried my best to gain support:
- The Secrecy of Family Courts should be lifted now has 1,435 signatures and marvellous comments
- Stop Forced Adoptions on AVAAZ has 723 signatures
- Stop Secret Family Courts encouraging Forced Adoptions on Care2 has 113 signatures
- I compiled related petitions from different platforms and counted How many people know about child ‘care’, secret family courts and forced adoptions? – with the latest result of 10,635 signatures and 70,689 page views.
- Thus I discovered that the most engaging platform is Change.org where I now started EU Parliament: Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent with 39 supporters so far.
Any chance of you adding your support to getting numbers up?
I did ask UKIP for support. My plan is to let both Houses in the UK know about the EU Petition, once it’s been discussed. Before that, I may get round to telling them:
- this Parliamentary record mentions Edward Timpson MP saying that “the number of children who die in care is low, typically 50 a year.”
- this Parliamentary report says that 10,000 children go missing from ‘care’, while the official number is only 930;
- Edward Timpson MP is not only the Secretary of State for Education, but also Chairman of the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Runaway and Missing Children and Adults and the APPG for Looked-after Children and Care Leavers who co-published the report;
- the Tap put it bluntly: Edward Timpson is Tory’s head stealer when reblogging eminent blogger John Ward’s article about this ‘nice Minister’: how a long-term core member of the child care system is in charge of reforming it… and surprise surprise, is walking away from the problem.
- On Awareness and Action re the worst scandal in Britain: #childsnatchuk leads to #paedobritain (victims-unite.net)
- EMAIL to Madeleine Moon MP who asked about the number of children who died whilst in ‘care’ (victims-unite.net)
- ABOLITION of Adoption without Parental Consent – our Requests to the EU Parliament (mckenzie-friends.co.uk)
- ABOLITION of Adoptions without Parental Consent – our Petition to the European Parliament (punishmentwithoutcrime.wordpress.com)
- MIND THE GAP: between French film ‘Taken’ and UK adoption realities ‘TakenUK’ (punishmentwithoutcrime.wordpress.com)