A great post on a great blog: NETPOL – the Network for Police Monitoring! Too bad that it has become necessary, just as ‘Solicitors from Hell’ had become a necessity… If only people were doing their jobs CORRECTLY, PROPERLY!…
- Riot police chainsaw door of ‘Stop G8’ HQ… (telegraph.co.uk)
- 32 arrested as police and G8 protesters clash in London (irishtimes.com)
- G8 protests: 32 arrested as riot police descend on central London (independent.ie)
- Police defend ‘proportionate’ G8 protest response (metro.co.uk)
- Police violence at Stopg8 protest (victims-unite.net)
The following statement was made by the stopG8 group in response to the excessive level of force used against protesters yesterday (Tuesday).
StopG8 held a “Carnival Against Capitalism” in the West End of London today (11 June), demonstrating against 100 murderous banks, corporations, “dens of the rich” and other hiding places of power in the run up to the G8 Summit.
The carnival went ahead despite extreme pre-emptive violence from the Metropolitan and City Police, which caused a number of protesters to be injured. The police surrounded the StopG8 Social Centre on Beak Street, W1 from 10am, and then broke in through the front doors and from the roof later in the morning. At the demonstrations starting at 12 noon in Piccadilly Circus and Oxford Circus, police snatch squads violently arrested and assaulted more demonstrators.
People present in the Beak Street building report that the police used tasers, chemical sprays…
View original post 130 more words