Great minds think alike: yesterday we were complaining to John Hemming MP about the failures and abuse of the Mental Capacity Act in our meeting on Secrecy as the cloak for Criminality? John Hemming comments on his blog on 24 June 2013 and links to an article he wrote for The Independent.
Please send your ‘well documented cases’ to email@example.com before 2 September 2013.
In my observation, this is what things boil down to in the broad spectrum of ‘white collar crimes’:
- the secrecy of family courts is meant to ‘protect’; but the reality is that it is used to steal children, even though there may be cases where parents are not fit to parent; but what the care system does AGAINST children and parents by far outweighs what it does FOR them
- to declare somebody not to have ‘mental capacity’ is meant to ‘protect’ the person by letting somebody else make decisions on their behalf; but in reality it is used by the Official Solicitor and his legal colleagues to steal assets.
While he was declared not to have mental capacity (due to medication for his poisoning), assets ‘went missing’… Another article is here.
On Victims Unite you’ll find comments from Len.
- Criminal Offences under the Mental Health Act (mentalhealthcop.wordpress.com)
- Doncaster care worker criticised after mistreating vulnerable patient (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- New Lords Select Committee Set Up to Examine Effectiveness of Mental Capacity Act 2005 Launches its Inquiry Today (researchingreform.net)
- The Court of Protection, motherhood and mental health (purplepersuasion.wordpress.com)
- SECRECY – the Cloak for Criminality? Next meeting with John Hemming MP: Tuesday, July 2nd (mckenzie-friends.co.uk)
- SECRECY: the Cloak of Criminality? Who can do what about it? (victims-unite.net)
- UK Court Mulls Mother’s Request to Sterilize Mentally Disabled Daughter (theblaze.com)