This is to ask you to appoint an investigator into SIX members of staff who assaulted Ms Melissa Laird A8904CJ last Saturday.
Together with Ms Rooney, whom I Cc, I visited her this morning as McKenzie Friends and heard what amounts to violence, cruelty and torture of the utmost degrading kind. It has been suggested to us that it is prison ‘culture’ to punish inmates when they succeed in court: I had told Ms Laird on Friday that her deportation was stayed. She has still not been told officially though!
Instead, she was put on ’segregation’, i.e. in total isolation, even though she is severely disabled due to arthritis in both knees.
Besides the assault that broke her right arm and left big bruises on her left leg and hand, she was treated in the most degrading and humiliating manner:
- Her clothes, religious books, legal papers and photos of her son were taken from her.
- Her wheelchair was taken away and she had to use the floor as the toilet since she could not reach the toilet.
- At some stage she had a wheelchair that she could not move herself.
- Her glasses were taken away so she couldn’t even fill in her ‘canteen sheet’.
- She was shouted at that she was a fraud and should get up and walk.
- She was stripped and eventually given shoes that were 2 sizes too big, because her feet were so bruised and swollen.
- In terms of hygiene her ‘segregation’ cell is beyond description.
She will tell your investigator more incredible things herself, as it’s too difficult to believe. You’d think we’re living in Dickensian times.
Whilst writing, let me point out to you that similar treatment has been endured by Gloria Musa A2967CJ. Both are victims of ‘child snatching’, i.e. parents are fraudulently imprisoned and receive punishment without crime, whilst crimes are committed without punishment and children are made to suffer unbearably – without any contact with their children since December 2011.
They are two of some 80 foreign nationals in HMP Holloway whose children were taken into ‘care’. Edward Timpson MP admitted in Parliament that 50 of them die a year and 10,000 go missing from ’care’. A Ukrainian child was recently drugged to death because it cried for its parents.
Christopher Booker’s latest article is Our ‘child protection’ system is an international scandal – Children of foreign families resident in the UK are being seized by social workers at an astonishing scale. Research estimates 6,500 of them!
While we can’t expect you to solve all these problems, I trust that you will make sure that Melissa Laird will be treated like a human being, according to at least some of the Human Rights enshrined in Law and that staff will be charged and punished.
I understand that it is totally up to the Governors Amy Dickson or Julia Killick to transfer Ms Laird to Bronzefield. But neither have responded to our letters since February this year.
I Cc John Hemming MP, Ms Laird’s Prison Lawyer as well as our Chairperson Belinda McKenzie who has booked our next visit for Thursday, in case a transfer cannot be organised promptly.
Trusting that you will ensure that law and order still have some kind of meaning,
Yours most gratefully in advance,
Sabine K McNeill
Co-Founder, Association of McKenzie Friends
… Voluntary Public Interest Advocacy while assisting Litigants in Person
21a Goldhurst Terrace – London NW6 3HB
T: 020 7328 3701 – M: 07968 039 141 – Skype: sabine.kurjo.mcneill
- Politicians do nothing to stop courts seizing children from their families (the-tap.blogspot.com)
- VIDEO of House of Commons Meeting and Condemning the Court of Protection (mckenzie-friends.co.uk)
- FCK U SOCIAL WORKERS – I’m calling Grandma! It’s about time kids can go where they WANT and BELONG! (punishmentwithoutcrime.wordpress.com)
- TOWARDS TABLING our Abolish Forced Adoption Requests in the EU Petitions Committee (victims-unite.net)
- OUR ‘child protection’ system is an international scandal: House of Commons and Nigerian Standard Newspaper (victims-unite.net)
- COMING OUT – despite all gags – against all odds – outside Downing Street – and in Nigerian papers (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- Could Pentonville and Holloway prisons be closed? (islingtongazette.co.uk)
- Stephen Lawrence family in undercover officers’ files, police admit (guardian.co.uk)
- Met boss Hogan-Howe: ‘Our police force will be more representative of London’ (london24.com)