AND: there’s hope:
- Please write and talk to your MP about our petition before the House of Commons Children Placed in Foster Care and whether s/he supports you; this is a first step towards ‘ethical elections’ for an ‘ethical Parliament’!
- Sir James Munby, the President of the Family Division, made this remarkable judgement re Baby J on 27 June 2013, thanks to the Father who dared to video how the baby was taken and used Facebook to blame Staffordshire Council,
- This judgement made news recently:
- Daily Mail on 05 September 2013: Top judge’s war against secret courts: Family hearings must be exposed to the ‘glare of publicity’.
- The next day, The Times published: Family courts need more transparency
- and on 07 September Christopher Booker wrote in The Sunday Telegraph: Could this be the end of secrecy in ‘child protection’?
- The Telegraph reported on the same day as the Mail: Judge calls for more transparency in family courts and “for the courts to adapt to the internet era and in particular social media.” [para 1].
Paragraph 32 says:
It is vital that public confidence in the family justice system is maintained or, if eroded, restored. There is a clear and obvious public interest in maintaining the confidence of the public at large in the courts. It is vitally important, if the administration of justice is to be promoted and public confidence in the courts maintained, that justice be administered in public – or at least in a manner which enables its workings to be properly scrutinised – so that the judges and other participants in the process remain visible and amenable to comment and criticism. This principle, as the Strasbourg court has repeatedly reiterated, is protected by both Article 6 and Article 10 of the Convention. It is a principle of particular importance in the context of care and other public law cases.
Use this judgement! Refer to it – together with the letter of the Minister who keeps repeating: the Law is clear. We just must make sure that the law is ADHERED to and COMPLIED with!!!
- CHILDREN in Foster Care: our Petition is ‘in the bag’ and in Hansard (punishmentwithoutcrime.wordpress.com)
- Judge calls for more transparency in family courts (telegraph.co.uk)
- Could this be the end of secrecy in ‘child protection’? (telegraph.co.uk)
- Judge of The Week – Sir James Munby (researchingreform.net)
- ‘Top judge’s war on secret courts’: Family hearings must be exposed to ‘glare of publicity’. But does this really change anything of substance? (davidicke.com)
- SECRECY @ Home = International Concerns and Scandal: especially in Nigeria (victims-unite.net)
- MAURICE GAGGED – the unique legal weapon in UK secret family courts (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)
- PETITIONING the House of Commons: Return our Stolen Children (mckenzie-friends.co.uk)