They are all in prison, except for Melissa Laird who was deported after 18 months in HMP Holloway so that her son could be kept for adoption – by Barnet Council…
Maurice Kirk is the oldest prisoner in HMP Cardiff. Here we visited Melissa with Maria, a serious victim of false imprisonment and other fraudulent white collar crimes.
- In Maurice’s age bracket is Robert Green in HMP Perth.
- Robert has been helping Anne Greig‘s campaign for justice for her daughter and brother.
- This petition is collecting signatures of support to get him released.
Gloria and Chiwar Musa had their five children taken in April 2011 by Haringey Council.
- Since then their sixth child was taken, returned and taken again;
- Their seventh child was born in HMP Holloway and taken at birth – despite Sir James Munby’s judgement re Baby M R of 2003 about the right to breastfeeding.
Melissa Laird was in the next cell to Gloria in HMP Holloway.
- Melissa was deported to the US ‘without reception’ on 12 September so that her son could be kept for adoption by Barnet Council – as John Hemming MP reports on his blog here;
- Gloria was transported to HMP Send where her prison conditions are just as horrendous, unjust and inhuman as Melissa and Gloria have experienced them in HMP Holloway.
- Costs ruling in family court penalises those helping wronged parents: ‘McKenzie Friends’ now risk severe financial penalties if their case is lost after a ruling by Mrs Justice Ingrid Simler.
- Time to Start Connecting the Dots is the latest blog entry on Maurice’s site…