As published here on the Committee page: The Home Affairs Committee will hold an evidence session on Wednesday 21 October at which it will receive an update from the Metropolitan Police on matters currently in the public domain concerning the late Lord Brittan.
The Committee has also invited Tom Watson MP to appear to give evidence during the session, to clarify a number of points concerning his involvement in these matters.
Peter Oakes has informed the Chairman Keith Vaz MP as well as Tom Watson MP about the discoveries made by the Royal Commission in Australia when New South Wales Police was under scrutiny:
- the Australian Hansard reported Police Protection of Paedophiles
- the Royal Commission reported about Corruption, Reform, Paedophilia and Satanic Ritual Abuse
- the article in the Sidney Morning Herald Corrupt Cop ‘Chook’ Fowler dies publishes a neat summary:
- The royal commission saw a total of 284 police officers adversely named
- 46 briefs of evidence were sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions
- and by 2001 nine officers had pleaded guilty to corruption offences and three not guilty.
- Seven police officers received jail sentences.
- During the commission 12 people took their own lives.
You’ll be able to watch the session via Parliament TV.
And you can email the members of the Home Affairs Committee and / or your MP to support Tom Watson MP:
- 6 Conservative Members
- 4 Labour Members
- 1 Scottish National Party.
Or do you have as much confidence in the National Inquiry as the Committee?
And this one asking for compensation and therapy for victims and survivors!!!