Those who don’t know and don’t know that they don’t know, are fools, ignore them.
Those who know and don’t know that they know, are asleep. Wake them.
Those who know and know that they know are wise, follow them.”
Old Arab Proverb.
Having received this piece of wisdom from a lovely ‘spiritual supporter’, I feel encouraged to post the questions I’ve been asking myself lately:
- why do alleged abusers who claim to be innocent attack supporters of child victims?
- aren’t genuinely innocent people happy to get on with their lives and DEFEND themselves, rather than ATTACK?
- when do crimes committed in the cover-up of crimes become ‘corroborative evidence’ rather than just another fraud that doesn’t get investigated?
- what is worse: killing another human being or ignoring one’s own bad conscience?
- in a German film I saw last night, a priest said to a murderer: you can kill me, but you can’t kill your conscience!