Fabulous Cathy Fox publishes this amazing blog with Reports on Child Abuse.
And she has made 300 Freedom of Information Requests!
The most recent one, on top of the list, is Police Whistleblowers on Child Sexual Abuse, following the publication of the above video.
Here are her questions with the answers she got:
“Could you send me any lines prepared, to give to the press when the Met
is asked about this.”
- No press lines were prepared in relation to this matter.
“Has Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, the present head of London’s Metropolitan
Police as Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis been made aware of this
“What is the most senior rank to be made aware of this video?”
- The Deputy Commissioner is aware of the existence of the video.
“What is the Met Police procedures for whistleblowers?”
- The MPS has a policy document regarding ‘Reporters of Wrongdoing‘. I have
attached a copy. I have also attached a key to assist you with the
various acronyms in the document.
“How many whistleblowers are recognised by the Met Police as being such?”
- We can confirm that since July 2014 there have been 5 recorded ‘Reporters
“Has an internal investigation started into the allegations of the
Metropolitan Police individually and systemically covering up child sexual
- Operation Winter Key investigates historic allegations of child sexual
abuse involving people of public prominence. Any allegations of police
misconduct in these cases are investigated by a professional standards
team within Op Winter Key. The allegations made by this officer were
reported in 2014 and are currently subject to an IPCC investigation.
Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter, please
contact me on 0207 1613 500 or via email at [email address],
quoting the reference number above.
- our media should be braver
- we should not have a libel law…
Who knows what is happening CURRENTLY and what needs to be done to STOP this trend and PREVENT the creation of abuse survivors???
In the future,