Interestingly, Maurice’s cases resembles mine where ‘the system’ tries to imprison us due to breaches of a ‘Restraining Order’ :
- this Restraining Order was issued by a Magistrates Court on 09 December 2011 to stop him from publishing anything about Dr Tegwyn Williams, the former Director of Caswell Clinic;
- Maurice argues that it had never been served on him;
- therefore a ‘variation’ that apparently was served cannot be valid;
- Dr Williams had not only claimed that Maurice was suffering from brain damage but also tried to ‘section’ him such that he would have had to spend the rest of his life in Ashworth, a highly secure mental hospital;
- at the time, the effects were particularly disastrous, as he needed a hip replacement, but doctors would not operate due to this ‘fake diagnosis’;
- since then, Dr Williams has fled the country and claims that Maurice is causing him “professional embarrassment” – never mind the damage he’s done to Maurice to protect South Wales Police from their ‘institutional embarrassment’…
While Maurice represented himself, he later called his pro bono barrister David Leathley to give evidence in support of his challenge:
- the Restraining Order was an Abuse of Process by South Wales Police who have been hounding him with 33 incidents;
- Maurice has been trying to sue them for ‘civil damages’, but who can match the corruption of Police and the pockets of the public purse?
David Leathley said that he has spent 16 years as a Crown Prosecutor and that he specialises in clients that nobody takes on. He painted not only an excellent picture of Maurice but also pointed out
- the difference between the damages caused by Dr Williams, compared with 72-year-old Maurice Kirk who would have to go back to prison yet again – while the real culprit is apparently in New Zealand;
- the principle of ‘proportionality’ to be required!
But when criminals become ‘victims’ who need to be ‘protected’ from innocents, only Bent Lawyers and Cops paints an adequate picture. It even reports that the Council of Europe had come to investigate UK Police due to violations of human rights!
But who cares: a culture of repression, oppression and suppression has been reigning for decades, if not centuries. ‘Targets’ and ‘austerity’ justify anything now. What a sad state of affairs…
The jury trial is scheduled for 12th September: will they find Maurice guilty or not guilty? Of course he has breached the Restraining Order. But
- is it valid at all???
- why was it issued???
- what was the motive and what was the intention???
- who motivated the Magistrates Court to issue it???
- why does it protect someone who is exposed in chapter 10 of this book by the mother of a murdered son?