There are lots of victims who have had bad experiences with their MPs. But I am trying afresh with this Parliament and am happy to report:
- Austin Mitchell MP has always championed our causes – no matter whether on behalf of ‘changing the system’ or of victims of ‘the system’
- The late Rudi Vis MP went as far as using an adjournment debate to put Jeff Lampert’s case on record
- Stephen Phillips QC has been supportive of Paulette Cooper by writing a letter to the Lord Chancellor on her behalf and getting a prompt response. More recently, he offered to work on her behalf as part of Bar Pro Bono
- Nic Dakin MP has expressed his support for Stanley Embling
and has asked questions with written answers about victim support schemes
- Alun Cairns MP has written on behalf of Maurice Kirk
- Margaret Beckett MP is writing on behalf of Norma Ferrie‘s ongoing investigation into the improprieties that led to the fraudulent possession of her home
- John McDonnell MP has offered to join a “virtual All Party Parliamentary Group” to help victims of financial exploitatin and legal oppression.
- Jo Johnson, MP for Orpington has written to the Lord Chancellor on behalf of Edger Coppard.
- John Hemming, MP for Birmingham Yardley, who attended our meeting on 25 January 2011. He has stuck his neck out particularly on behalf of Vicky Haigh and super-injunctions.
- Ian Liddell-Grainger, MP for Bridgwater, Minehead & Exmoor, describes beautifully what MPs are good for and how their powers are limited. He is supportive of George Wescott who has been poisoned by Government imposed chemicals he had to use to dip his sheep in…
For each MP I am establishing a ‘sympathy profile’ based on the signing of those Early Day Motions (EDMs) that are relevant to our issues and concerns.
Based on the ‘sympathetic profile’, I emailed some 100 MPs, but the response has been very small, as usual…
- Stephen Phillips QC MP recommends Bar Pro Bono: hope for victims of bad lawyers!? (victims-unite.net)
- Parents Against Injustice: over 13,000 cases since 1985 (vickyhaigh.wordpress.com)
- John Hemming MP casts doubt on Ofsted judgement (vickyhaigh.wordpress.com)
- John Hemming MP outed Doncaster Council over injunction; today the gag removed from Vicky was renewed for Liz (victims-unite.net)
- The right to know about wrongdoing in public life – that’s what John Hemming MP is defending (vickyhaigh.wordpress.com)