Seven arrests as a result of having acted as McKenzie Friend have taken their toll on my chronic pain condition: I am effectively housebound.
But yesterday I bundled three events to minimise walking:
- Crown Commercial Services had asked techUK members for user feedback so that they could catch up with the Digital Transformation agenda;
- as a result, I shall help them with the design of making their bidding process more effective;
- a couple whose child had been removed and was supposed to be adopted against their will had come from Bournemouth to lodge their permission to appeal;
- how likely is it to get their child returned??? “We are professional losers,” said this barrister who fled the UK with her two daughters;
- a couple whose house was ruined due to a landslide, after a pipe had burst, had asked a McKenzie Friend to help them fight against Northumbria Water, after they spent good money for bad legal services;
- would he get the ‘Right of Audience’ despite having a ‘Section 42’ label on his record since 1986?
Exceptionally and reluctantly! And because he would not get a cut, if damages were to be awarded. Another tiny victory on one of our battle lines of victims, McKenzie Friends, Litigants In Person (LiPs) and more lately whistleblowers. Continue reading